It’s the middle of March and we should be thinking about Spring, but the weather isn’t cooperating. This frigid cold isn’t helping all that snow melt! Hopefully, we’re still looking at an early May start to the 2017 golf season.
In my opinion, we had quite a successful 2016 golf season. We experienced an increase in participation in our cup events after implementing one-day formats and spreading out the events over the entire summer, based on input from you. It also helped that we had an incredibly beautiful summer last year!
Tee times will be set aside for the ladies’ section on Thursday mornings and you will be able to call in to reserve a spot. Jeff and his staff will be golfing with us one Thursday of every month.
We have changed the name of Tuesday night’s Business Ladies’ to Ladies’ Night to reflect all members. Participation in this weekly evening has been great!
Congratulations to Lucy Fraser, winner of last year’s season-long match play event. A call will be going out in early April for participants so that this event can be set up and begun as soon as possible.
Congratulations to Barbara Wellard, last year’s club champion. We had a slow start to this event due to the heavy rain on the first day; as a result, we have decided to schedule alternate dates in case we experience inclement weather again.
The Assante Wealth Management Ladies’ Invitational Tournament last year was a great success! We had over 50 teams participate and we’re hoping to exceed that number this year. Our theme for 2017 is “Diamonds and Denim”. We sincerely thank our major sponsor, Assante Wealth Management, for their support; also many thanks to our other sponsors who have made this event the success it is.
Some event’s dates to mark in your calendar for this year are:
- Opening Ladies’ Day Thursday, May 4
- Opening Ladies’ Night Tuesday, May 16
- Opening Field Day Sunday, May 28
- Macpherson Cup Wednesday, June 14
- Ladies’ Invitational June 23-25
- Beth Butler Cup Tuesday, July 4
- Solheim Cup Sunday, July 23
- Bell Stableford Cup Wednesday, August 2
- Club Championship Tuesday, August 15/Wednesday, August 16
- Alternate Dates – August 19/20
- Closing Field Day Sunday, September 10
Your 2017 Ladies’ Section Executive is:
- President Sylvia Taus
- Vice President Barbara Wellard
- Secretary Kerry Caruso
- Treasurer Brenda Bourre
- Captain Sylvia Taus
- Handicap Carrie Bell
- Social Margaret Barnes
- Publicity/Sponsorship Kim Lepkan
- Junior Girls Golf Professionals
Until golf season….
President, Ladies’ Section